JEWELRY CARE + INFO
Most of our jewelry pieces incorporate metal plating, sterling silver, stainless steel, brass, or gold filled components. All details of material will be listed in the product description of each item.
Natural body chemistry, environment, and certain chemicals have the ability to oxidize or alter the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry properly and following these jewelry care tips below.
Here are some good, standard jewelry care tips:
- Put all jewelry on after you have applied all cosmetics, oils, perfumes, lotions and hairspray. These products can contain chemicals that can damage your jewelry.
- Remove your jewelry when performing tasks that may cause physical damage. i.e. swimming, showering, working out, cleaning, gardening etc.
- Remove your jewelry before working out or any place you may sweat excessively as this can oxidize your jewelry.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, ammonia etc.
- After Every Wear We Recommend Gently Polishing Your Jewelry With A Soft Cloth To Protect The Metal From The Skin's Natural Oils.
- Keep your jewelry stored separately in an air tight place separate from jewelry of other materials. We recommend storing your jewelry in the air tight bags and/or Official Kollection Jewelry box that we send with your order.
We are not responsible for any reaction you and your skin may have to our products. Exposure to different conditions and heavy wear can impact how your jewelry looks over time. OFFICIAL KOLLECTION is not responsible for natural wear. We stand by our products and our quality.
What is 925 Sterling Silver ?
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% Pure silver & 7.5% other metals. Sterling Silver is non tarnishable, however proper care must be taken for sterling silver jewelry as well to ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
What is Stainless Steel ?
Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, resisting corrosion and oxidation.
What is Brass ?
What is Cubic Zirconia?