What is 925 Sterling Silver ?
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% Pure silver & 7.5% other metals. Sterling Silver is non tarnishable, however proper care must be taken for sterling silver jewelry as well to ensure the longevity of your jewelry.
What is Stainless Steel ?
Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, resisting corrosion and oxidation.
What is CZ ?
Cubic zirconia (also known as CZ) is similar to a diamonds with its brilliance and crystal clarity, but it is a synthesized (man-made) crystalline material that is colorless, hard, and flawless. It looks so much like a diamond, it is an affordable alternative to diamonds.
Natural body chemistry, environment, and certain chemicals may oxidize or change the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry properly and following these jewelry care tips below.
Here are some good, standard jewelry care tips:
- DO NOT ever use silver cleaner on non-sterling silver jewelry. This will remove the black from the letters and could tarnish cubic zirconium.
- To polish your silver jewelry, use a silver polishing cloth only.
- Remove your jewelry when performing tasks that may cause physical damage. i.e. cleaning, gardening, swimming, working out etc.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, ammonia etc.
- Put all jewelry on after you have applied all cosmetics, perfumes, lotions and hairspray. These products can contain chemicals that can damage your jewelry.
- If handled properly, gold filled jewelry should only require buffing.
- Remove all jewelry when bathing.
Again, Most of our jewelry pieces incorporate metal plating, brass, or gold filled components. In order to maintain its quality and color, avoid contact with water or other harsh chemicals such as perfume. Store in a secure and dry airtight place between wears and ensure that you clean your jewelry lightly with a cloth to keep it as good as new.