What is 925 Sterling Silver ?
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% Pure silver & 7.5% other metals. Sterling Silver is non tarnishable, however proper care must be taken for sterling silver jewelry as well to ensure the longevity of your jewelry. A sterling silver jewelry cleaner such as 'TARNX' can be used to clean sterling silver jewelry, please be advised to only clean the the metal (sterling silver) part of the jewelry and not the stone or crystals.
What is Stainless Steel ?
Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, resisting corrosion and oxidation.
What is Brass ?
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc and is one of the most widely used alloys. Known for its decorative attributes and bright gold appearance, brass also exhibits durability. Please store all brass jewelry in an air tight place, jewelry can be stored and kept in the clear air tight bags that we send with your order.
What is CZ ?
Cubic zirconia (also known as CZ) is similar to a diamonds with its brilliance and crystal clarity, but it is a synthesized (man-made) crystalline material that is colorless, hard, and flawless. It looks so much like a diamond, it is an affordable alternative to diamonds.
Natural body chemistry, environment, and certain chemicals may oxidize or change the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry properly and following these jewelry care tips below.
Here are some good, standard jewelry care tips:
- DO NOT ever use silver cleaner on non-sterling silver jewelry. This will remove the black from the letters and could tarnish cubic zirconium.
- To polish your silver jewelry, use a silver polishing cloth only.
- Remove your jewelry when performing tasks that may cause physical damage. i.e. cleaning, gardening, swimming, working out etc.
- Remove your jewelry before working out or any place you may sweat excessively as this can oxidize your jewelry.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, ammonia etc.
- Put all jewelry on after you have applied all cosmetics, perfumes, lotions and hairspray. These products can contain chemicals that can damage your jewelry.
- If handled properly, gold filled jewelry should only require buffing.
- Remove all jewelry when bathing.
- Keep your jewelry stored separately in an air tight place separate from jewelry of other materials. You can continue to your store jewelry in the air tight bags that we send your jewelry in with your order.
Again, Most of our jewelry pieces incorporate metal plating, brass, or gold filled components. In order to maintain its quality and color, avoid contact with water or other harsh chemicals such as perfume. Store in a secure and dry airtight place between wears and ensure that you clean your jewelry lightly with a cloth to keep it as good as new.